School Development Plan
The school development plan (SDP) is the school's strategic plan for improvement. It sets out the actions the school will take to improve learner outcomes.
Here is an outline of the SDP for St. John's Primary School for 2018:
- To monitor and evaluate the delivery of learning and impact on vulnerable pupils (specifically those on Jersey Premium and those with EAL);
- To monitor and evaluate the impact of pupil interventions on pupil progress on pupils in receipt of Jersey Premium and with EAL.
Leadership & Management
- To develop reasoning skills in pupils
- To develop teacher confidence in delivering reasoning skills in class
- To develop understanding of fluency in maths
- To lead and support staff with their own planned, rigorous Professional Development in order to raise expectation of pupil attainment and challenge.
- To develop a new senior leadership structure to ensure consistency and sustainability in the absence of the HD.
- To develop middle leadership in school through all teaching staff planning, leading and evaluating their subjects ensuring breadth of learning is consistently maintained throughout the school
- To develop the foundation subjects of Music, PSHE and Art through the ‘on-track’ process
Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- To ensure all staff who teach phonics in school plan, teach and deliver the agreed school’s programme consistently and rigorously.
- 50% of pupils in all classes will attain ‘secure’ in reading and writing.