School Development Plan
The school development plan (SDP) is the school's strategic plan for improvement. It sets out the actions the school will take to improve learner outcomes.
Here is an outline of the SDP for St. John's Primary School for 2018 - 2019:
Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- To target barriers to learning as identified by pupils during pupil conferencing.
Leadership & Management
To Develop a Reflective Learning Community “where the school’s culture enables staff to excel, reflect on, debate the way they teach (Jersey School’s Review Framework),” enabling the whole community to apply knowledge, skills and understanding in new and challenging ways and to develop as learners.
- Ensure the engagement of all children in Reading to ensure standards exceed island expectations with 60% of pupils attaining secure, or secure +, in reading in every class
- To ensure that teaching approach for mathematics is consistent throughout the school;
- To develop staff confidence in the teaching and learning of mathematics in order to raise attainment and high expectations
- To identify the impact of Maths No Problem to evaluate of value for money
- To increase fluency of skills and concepts in Maths to ensure at least good progress of all pupils
SEN & Emotional Support
- To monitor and evaluate the delivery of learning and the impact this has on vulnerable pupils (SEN including those on Jersey Premium and with EAL);
- To raise attainment of this cohort of pupils, so that 50% of vulnerable pupils, specifically those who are on Jersey Premium or those with EAL,attain secure and the remaining vulnerable pupils maintain rapid and sustained progress, as well as demonstrate confidence, self- esteem and awareness of life- long learning.
- To develop an emotional well-being team to support vulnerable pupils